Feature Request: sensitively playable Aftertouch!

Feature Request: sensitively playable Aftertouch!
« on: November 23, 2020, 05:51:36 PM »
Hej,
owning the Prophet 6 for a long time i mostly avoid aftertouch because itīs just not sensitively playable.
I think there was an early firmware update which offered an additional curve, but it didnīt improve it noticably.
When describing the pressure in percent the whole change of for example the cutoff happens from 50 to 55%,
all my efforts to get a nice smooth crossing between no aftertouch to full aftertouch fail and i avoid using it again. very frustrating. I used to have a mopho x4 and the aftertouch there was totally fine. I read from some users who say aftertouch works fine for them, some share my experience. In a comparing review between prophet 6 vs. prophet 08 i found the same description i experienced between mopho x4 and prophet 6. Is it possible that the Keyboards differ so much between different prophet 6?
Is there a chance this could be improved to some level with a firmware update? aftertouch should react much much earlier to the pressure and the full intensity should be reached with maximum pressure, while i have the feeling that the whole intensity is stuck somewhere between 50-55% as mentioned. as compromise also kind of a lag/slew when pressing and also when releasing could help to avoid these huge jumps. improvement of this function would be highly appreciated.

regards
patilon

Re: Feature Request: sensitively playable Aftertouch!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 12:07:45 AM »
Agreed. The aftertouch has a lack of subtlety about it. Maybe it is a limitation of the kbd mechanism used.

But, yes would like to have more finesse here.

Kja

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 07:45:42 PM »
My first prophet 6 felt like a bubble and was very off and on feeling.. I got a new one and it is way better.. Way more subtle and more like a pad you push into. So maybe you can sell yours and buy a new one? Kinda drastic but i did notice a difference and some other stuff was different too.

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 01:40:50 PM »
thanks, wow i never would have thought that.. should try to find one in a store to check out for myself.
but without knowing when they got improved.. not easy to know how old they should be at maximum.
what "other stuff" did you notice?