Adjustable Voice Count on Prophet 10 - Decision from Dave?

LPF83

Adjustable Voice Count on Prophet 10 - Decision from Dave?
« on: October 13, 2020, 05:22:02 PM »
I'm truly on the fence about whether to get a P5 or P10, and I suppose others may be in the same dilemma.  While I do like the idea of ten voices for long release pads and certain types of playing, I also would like at times to faithfully reproduce the musically useful voice stealing that replicates characteristics of the original P5 with only five voices.   Six to eight voices are what I consider optimal for most of my use.

I know it's on the decision table whether voice count reduction will be added to the P10.....  Both selfishly and on behalf of others who are in the same boat, I'd like to suggest this design decision receive top priority on obtaining a yes or no, because so many of us are waiting for the decision before deciding which to purchase.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Re: Adjustable Voice Count on Prophet 10 - Decision from Dave?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 05:35:26 PM »
Our official position is that for now we're focusing all of our attention on getting everything perfect in production and fulfilling preorders. We will revisit the idea of a "5 voice mode" down the road a bit.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 05:38:14 PM by extempo »
SEQUENTIAL