FL Studio | Pressing Play sets OSC 1 freq to C10

FL Studio | Pressing Play sets OSC 1 freq to C10
« on: October 07, 2020, 06:49:19 AM »
Hello,

When the Prophet is connected to my Windows PC through USB, set in master/slave/slave thru and slave s/s, pressing play in FL Studio 20 (latest version, also happens in FL 12) causes OSC 1 freq to be set to C10.

Im not sure if I'm able to reproduce this using MIDI cables - tho I kinda dont want to due to the hassle it takes - USB is right there you know...

Does anyone have experience with this / uses the Prophet with FL Studio?

LPF83

Re: FL Studio | Pressing Play sets OSC 1 freq to C10
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 09:33:55 AM »
Hello,

When the Prophet is connected to my Windows PC through USB, set in master/slave/slave thru and slave s/s, pressing play in FL Studio 20 (latest version, also happens in FL 12) causes OSC 1 freq to be set to C10.

Im not sure if I'm able to reproduce this using MIDI cables - tho I kinda dont want to due to the hassle it takes - USB is right there you know...

I'm a Cubase user, but tried this in FL Studio sometime back, and the problem is with the crap MIDI implementation in FLS and the MIDI plugin.  If you disable send pitch bend it won't do it, but that's not really a good solution.  I liked some things about FLS workflow but bailed on it a long time ago, because ImageLine has pretty much zero incentive to make their product work properly with external hardware, they make all their money off plugin addons.   Shame too because other DAW makers could learn alot from their piano roll / MIDI editing features.

If you can find an aftermarket MIDI plugin VST that might be a solution.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Re: FL Studio | Pressing Play sets OSC 1 freq to C10
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 09:18:48 AM »
Hello,

I'm a Cubase user, but tried this in FL Studio sometime back, and the problem is with the crap MIDI implementation in FLS and the MIDI plugin.  If you disable send pitch bend it won't do it, but that's not really a good solution.  I liked some things about FLS workflow but bailed on it a long time ago, because ImageLine has pretty much zero incentive to make their product work properly with external hardware, they make all their money off plugin addons.   Shame too because other DAW makers could learn alot from their piano roll / MIDI editing features.

If you can find an aftermarket MIDI plugin VST that might be a solution.

Disabling Send Pitchbend does work - I'm glad to find some kind of work around.
I agree it's not the full solution but it will keep me going - thanks mate!
I'll add a screenshot in case this comes up in someones search.

https://imgur.com/FzXg9KY
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 09:21:32 AM by DGASZ »