How to send Coarse Tune out via Midi?

How to send Coarse Tune out via Midi?
« on: April 18, 2020, 08:02:38 PM »
Hi, I'm trying to transpose my external Synths, by using the Rev2 61 keyboard by semitones sending Midi / USB.

I enter global / choose Coarse Tune settings/ my midi out is set to USB.

The problem is, nothing happens, now if I use global transpose by octave it works. My question is How do we use Coarse Tune/ or how can I semitone transpose my other gear, vstis for daw etc.

I've been trying to find a way for 48 hours now  :o is this not possible with the Rev2??

Re: How to send Coarse Tune out via Midi?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 08:31:50 AM »
Question is now submitted to Sequential tech support.

Seems awfully strange we can definitely control Coarse Tune from the onboard sounds, yet can't send this transpose by semitones out via midi, and can't find this answer anywhere online,in the manual,forums etc.

I'll report back when I get an answer from support.

jok3r

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 01:36:33 AM »
I don't think that this is a bug. It's more a philosophical thing I think. Some synth send transposed midi notes, some don't. I have both types in my arsenal.

I personally prefer it the way it is. If I need to play everything -1, I just tune all synth in the setup down this step. It makes things a lot easier if you play the "target" synth from its own keyboard, too.

Imagine having a nice analog string sound on the target synth. You play this in the first part of the song on the synth itself. Since your analog super synth cannot layer a dreamy piano sound, you play this in part two of the song from the main synth and layer the target synth per midi. If your main synth would send out transposed midi notes, you would get another scale out of the target synth, as when playing it directly. But if it sends out "normal" tuning, and you transpose the target synth as well, everything sounds perfectly fine, no matter if you trigger the sounds per midi or on the keyboard itself. I hope this was not too confusing. ;-)

Perhaps this is not as relevant, when playing with VSTs or modules without keybed.
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 04:48:02 AM »
hi, thanks for the response. In my case i'm using the DSI Rev2 to replace a Komplete Konrol mk2 as master kb,to control my Korg wavestate as well as vst's such as powercore virus,diva etc..

I use semitone transpose every song we play, and being that the REV2 is acting as Master controller now, I really need it to send semitones. I'm in love with the Rev2 keybed and overall power and sound, but this is a huge part of our sound, so I'm hoping there's a way.

If there's not a way to physically send semitone transpose on the rev2, I'll have to look at adding some hardware as I'm not getting rid of the Rev2.  :)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 04:51:20 AM by trusampler »

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 02:39:04 PM »
Unfortunately it will not send course tune out via midi. ;( tech support confirmed this today.