Problem multi mode

Problem multi mode
« on: March 08, 2020, 12:36:36 AM »
 hi, I would like to use two different presets, one on Part A and one on Part B, and change them as I wish, is it possible?

kris

Re: Problem multi mode
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 11:22:46 AM »
hi, I would like to use two different presets, one on Part A and one on Part B, and change them as I wish, is it possible?

If I understand you correctly, than no, this is not easily possible.

For the Rev2, a Patch is always two layers, and multi mode allows you to play the two layers independently on two different MIDI channels, think of a split with a second keyboard playing the other layer.

But a program change message for a layer alone doesn't make sense, as a patch is always both layers.

You can create new patches with a different combination of A and B layers, and so make all combinations you want possible.
Check out the free Sysex Librarian for Sequential and more https://github.com/christofmuc/KnobKraft-orm

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 02:29:46 PM »
And to follow up, although I do not really know what you mean, I think a workaround for you is navigate into the misc menu, go to the very last item, where you can choose a layer to replace for the current layer from all programs you have stored.

Indeed, this is somewhat cumbersome. If I had designed the instrument, I would have allowed you so store layer-patches, which you can then use in "performance programs" or such. But, although a bit cumbersome, the functionality of that design is already in the current instrument. Sometimes you just wish that Dave Smith gets a new partner who has worked for Nord or so :)

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 05:10:19 PM »
What Kris said, with my only addition being MAAAAAYYBE there’s a possibility with program changes from a computer/midi send of some kind?does anybody know, are program changes channel sensitive? Could you have to instances of a plug-in open for the two separate channels? I went down a path like this and ended up realizing I didn’t really need to freely change the channels independently because nobody wanted to watch me scroll through patches endlessly, not a sleight on your endeavor, but sometimes I get sucked into gear quandaries that I end up realizing aren’t worth it so I’m throwing it out there.

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 04:17:38 AM »
you can probably do this using the codeknobs plugin, by opening multiple instances

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 07:46:00 AM »
I find the multi mode quite useless. You actually get 2 separate synths (nice!!!) but they only play the first layer of the patches that you have to select via program change.

I usually have 1 layer for my 16 voices, cleanest sound and easiest workflow.