BUG LIST -- BETA OS - v2.1.1.0.0

Shaw

BUG LIST -- BETA OS - v2.1.1.0.0
« on: November 03, 2019, 01:43:49 PM »
Not sure if this is the place to start such a thread (moderators, if not, please move)

Anyone else that their LFOs won't go faster than about half of their frequency potential?  I've tested all 4 LFOs with all shapes (in a simple patch with just the LFO modulating pitch of an oscillator)... none of them get above half of their potential frequency.  Any values for LFO frequency above 128 on my synth have no effect?

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Thanks
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

laurentluigi

Re: BUG LIST -- BETA OS - v2.1.1.0.0
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 10:56:29 PM »
Hello,
When I try to read sampled with the new feature "direction loop" on a preset made before the update, nothing....
The new feature don't appear on the list.

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 04:56:15 AM »
Not sure if this is the place to start such a thread (moderators, if not, please move)

Anyone else that their LFOs won't go faster than about half of their frequency potential?  I've tested all 4 LFOs with all shapes (in a simple patch with just the LFO modulating pitch of an oscillator)... none of them get above half of their potential frequency.  Any values for LFO frequency above 128 on my synth have no effect?

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Thanks

Shaw,

I just verified this. It is definitely a bug. We should let support know.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 09:06:04 AM »
I sent an email to support.

Shaw

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 03:54:09 PM »
I sent an email to support.
Thanks.  I had that on my "to do" list... busy day.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 12:33:33 PM »
Tried Loading an 8dio pack last night on the new beta multiple times. It didn’t work. User samples loaded fine. I rolled back and the 8dio worked. Another bug methinks. I reported it.

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 12:34:11 PM »
I’m going to stay on the old version until a better beta comes along. I need full range LFOs.

laurentluigi

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 09:01:07 AM »
+1 for the LFO speed...

I've sent a mail to support.

laurentluigi

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 06:21:02 AM »
Hello everyone,

second mail to support because i've got the "FollowCenter" (Reg, Pitch, Sync) playing mode only available on Inst 1.
On the Inst 2, same as before the update....

Anyone else !?

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 11:28:21 AM »
Think I will wait a little while. I had only just updated my new X to the last OS when getting it a few weeks back when this new one came out. Not noticing any issues so far that make me feel compelled to update. ;)
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 02:06:49 PM »
Hi,

I updated in the end to 2.1.2. Seems to have worked OK......

I did give plenty of time after the "please restart" message came up before I did so.....

However, I did update to see if a problem I am hitting with MIDI SYSEX and the dump messages for the Program Edit buffer was resolved by the latest. No; the problem is still there.

The attached report is what I sent to Sequential via a support request to describe the issues, which may be of interest with those with a low level interest in MIDI.
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

laurentluigi

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 02:26:13 AM »
Hello everybody,

one step forward ... one step back ... the update dance ....

I'm in love with the Px but ...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 02:27:57 AM by laurentluigi »

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 09:35:27 AM »
Hi,

I updated in the end to 2.1.2. Seems to have worked OK......

I did give plenty of time after the "please restart" message came up before I did so.....

However, I did update to see if a problem I am hitting with MIDI SYSEX and the dump messages for the Program Edit buffer was resolved by the latest. No; the problem is still there.

The attached report is what I sent to Sequential via a support request to describe the issues, which may be of interest with those with a low level interest in MIDI.

Hi,

Sequential Support have confirmed the MIDI edit buffer bug I reported and mentioned above (see above post for PDF description) and that it will be fixed in the next release.
Regards
Derek

----------