Is it possible to swap A & B layers (not sounds) in a split?

CPN37

So I’ve come across a slight obstacle in preparing my Rev 2 for live work. I want to take the output from Layer B into my Kaoss Pad and so split the keyboard to have, say, bass on the lower keys, and a lead via the Kaoss Pad on the upper keys.

All well and good, however I have a song where I need the bass to go through the Kaoss Pad. I swapped the A and B sounds via the Global menu, however this does not quite do what I need to do- the bass is now going through the Kaoss Pad as intended, but is on the “B” split of the keyboard, ie it’s on the upper notes. And as you might have guessed I can’t play that way round with lead/chords on my left hand and the bass on my right.

Is it therefore possible to swap the A and B split sounds, and then also swap the location of A and B splits- ie. set Layer B to the lower end and A to the top?
Sequential Prophet 5 Rev4, Sequential Circuits Pro One, Sequential Prophet Rev2-8, Minimoog, ARP Pro Soloist, Roland Jupiter 4, Roland Juno 60

nickcarlisle.bandcamp.com

Re: Is it possible to swap A & B layers (not sounds) in a split?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 08:10:46 AM »
Cool to see someone using the Rev2 in the same way as I do (live performing, bass on the left "A" side).

Let me rephrase your question so you know whether I understand correctly: In split sounds, you sometimes want the upper keys sound (A) put out to your Kaoss Pad, and sometimes the lower keys sound (B) to your Kaoss Pad.

As far as I know, this is not possible: A is always right of split, B is always left of split; A is put out on the A(L+R) connections, B on B(L+R) connections.

(not entirely on topic, but by the way: Note that there are quite some different behaviors of the outputs available depending on which holes are plugged. For example, plugging mono cables in AL and BL gives you different mixes on the cables than AL and BR. Like many functionalities, this is not explained in the manual.)

CPN37

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 11:18:16 AM »
Thanks for the reply, and interesting re the different behaviours dependent on the output configurations, I’ll check that out.

I think you’re understanding me yes, although surely A is always *left* of split, and B is always *right*?

In my admitted technological ignorance I would have hoped it would still be possible to swap the position either side of the split point for Outputs A & B, thus allowing me to have Kaoss Pad on the bass end for some songs, and on the top end for other songs, since already Layer B can be output from AL & AR. Maybe I’ll post it in the suggested features thread.
Sequential Prophet 5 Rev4, Sequential Circuits Pro One, Sequential Prophet Rev2-8, Minimoog, ARP Pro Soloist, Roland Jupiter 4, Roland Juno 60

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 06:17:33 AM »
Ah, indeed, I incorrectly said that A is right and B left. In split, A is left, B is right.

I must say that I do not expect this feature to be included in an update, since it is very specific and can also be solved outside of the Rev2 with signal splitters.

CPN37

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 07:39:30 AM »
Ah, indeed, I incorrectly said that A is right and B left. In split, A is left, B is right.

I must say that I do not expect this feature to be included in an update, since it is very specific and can also be solved outside of the Rev2 with signal splitters.

Hmm, out of interest what way would you hook up a splitter to do what I'm trying to do? I'm intrigued as to the best way, might be my solution.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 01:52:17 AM »
Well, I never tried myself, but I know that guitarists have these boxes that allow them to send a signal to amp 1 or 2. You would need two splitters (for each layer signal), and some merger before your Kaoss (where you merge both Kaoss-splits from both splitters), but this answer is only my common sense, I have no knowledge whatsoever.