Sequence Other Devices with P.REV2 sequencer

Sequence Other Devices with P.REV2 sequencer
« on: June 24, 2019, 12:26:01 AM »
Hi there !
i'm actually struggling with the sequencer of the prophet.
I'd like to sequence my MS20mini korg thru the REV 2 sequencer. (MIDI out (REV 2) -> Midi in (MS20) with a DIN cable.
but nothing it's actually happening. I tried all the settings, and i'm wondering if the rev2's sequencer sequence only the REV 2.

Here is the connections i'd like to set. (MIDI MASTER ABLETON) SENDING MIDI To REV 2 and REV 2 to MS20 Midi in.
The thing is even if i set the rev2 on master and i start a sequence and i try to record the midi notes on live, nothings appear (midi monitor in). So to me it mean that the REV 2 doesnt send any messages even on MASTER midi settings.

Your help will be very appreciated, i never struggle like that with midi for other devices. Like i use to sequence lot of stuff from my jomox and never be so complicated. or maybe i'm missing something.

Regards
Gabriel 

Re: Sequence Other Devices with P.REV2 sequencer
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 02:00:12 AM »
I saw that the new OS can send midi out information by the sequencer, my question is now how do you change the velocity of notes, on the poly mode sequencer... can't find the knob affected to it

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 05:02:58 AM »
Hi there !
i'm actually struggling with the sequencer of the prophet.
I'd like to sequence my MS20mini korg thru the REV 2 sequencer. (MIDI out (REV 2) -> Midi in (MS20) with a DIN cable.
but nothing it's actually happening. I tried all the settings, and i'm wondering if the rev2's sequencer sequence only the REV 2.

Here is the connections i'd like to set. (MIDI MASTER ABLETON) SENDING MIDI To REV 2 and REV 2 to MS20 Midi in.
The thing is even if i set the rev2 on master and i start a sequence and i try to record the midi notes on live, nothings appear (midi monitor in). So to me it mean that the REV 2 doesnt send any messages even on MASTER midi settings.

Your help will be very appreciated, i never struggle like that with midi for other devices. Like i use to sequence lot of stuff from my jomox and never be so complicated. or maybe i'm missing something.

Regards
Gabriel

This only works for the normal sequencer. Not with the step sequencer (I wish!!)

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 05:04:00 AM »
I saw that the new OS can send midi out information by the sequencer, my question is now how do you change the velocity of notes, on the poly mode sequencer... can't find the knob affected to it

Where did you read that? I like to read more about the possibilities.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 04:45:49 AM »
"Main OS 1.1.4.9
Feature: Arp Beat Sync global
Feature: Arp/Sequence notes send to MIDI out global !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feature: Program change send on/off global"

But maybe i miss understood, looks like it's only working for the ARP/sequence, and not the sequencer only ?
Anyway i upgrade with the 1.5.9 and i'm experiencing lot of troubles with the sequencer, just can't use it properly.