MultiMode on certain patches

MultiMode on certain patches
« on: March 07, 2019, 06:49:34 AM »
Hi all,

I wonder if it's possible to use multimode when in certain patches only, so not as a global setting. I guess not but it would be a great feature when playing live. I would love some patches to stay stacked patches so i can play them on the prophet, and other patches to be in multimode and split so i can play one part with the rev2 and the other part/sound with a midi-controller.

Re: MultiMode on certain patches
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 03:20:20 PM »
I would love some patches to stay stacked patches so i can play them on the prophet, and other patches to be in multimode and split so i can play one part with the rev2 and the other part/sound with a midi-controller.

Actually you can already do this.  Just leave the Rev2 in Multimode all the time.

When you stack sounds, the Rev2's keyboard will play both sounds as you want.

When you split the sounds, the split point is programmable per patch.  So you can play one part on the Rev2 keyboard, and the other part on the next channel on your MIDI controller.  You just have to be mindful of where you set the split point.

Your MIDI controller will play the whole range of the consecutive MIDI channel, while your Rev2 will be limited according to where your split point is.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 03:22:55 PM by psionic11 »
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 12:14:48 PM »
I would love some patches to stay stacked patches so i can play them on the prophet, and other patches to be in multimode and split so i can play one part with the rev2 and the other part/sound with a midi-controller.

Actually you can already do this.  Just leave the Rev2 in Multimode all the time.

When you split the sounds, the split point is programmable per patch.  So you can play one part on the Rev2 keyboard, and the other part on the next channel on your MIDI controller.  You just have to be mindful of where you set the split point.

Your MIDI controller will play the whole range of the consecutive MIDI channel, while your Rev2 will be limited according to where your split point is.

Thanks for the reply. By doing it this way, i would always be limited to 4 voices for every patch, right? That's kind of the problem, I have an 8 voice rev2 and I need some patches to be 8 voices. So when i put the prophet in multimode, the prophet keyboard will always be 4 voices only, no?

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 11:31:55 PM »

Thanks for the reply. By doing it this way, i would always be limited to 4 voices for every patch, right? That's kind of the problem, I have an 8 voice rev2 and I need some patches to be 8 voices. So when i put the prophet in multimode, the prophet keyboard will always be 4 voices only, no?

The limitations of the way Layer A and B interact is set.... it doesn't matter whether you're in Multimode or not.  Multimode simply allows addressing the layers on different MIDI channels.

But the ultimate test is to just try it out and see, right?
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 01:10:34 PM »

The limitations of the way Layer A and B interact is set.... it doesn't matter whether you're in Multimode or not.  Multimode simply allows addressing the layers on different MIDI channels.

But the ultimate test is to just try it out and see, right?

Thanks again for the reply.

Let me state it differently; it is impossible to play any patch with 8 voices when multimode is turned on, correct?
Or is there a way to "disable" layer B so that when i'm in multimode layer A can use 8 voices and there is no layer B?
I've been fiddling around a little bit and it seems that when multimode is on there is no way to play some patches in 8 voices, witch is what i'm looking for live. Some patches in multimode because i don't need more than 4 voices on layer A and B, and some patches for some songs just 8 voices on one layer, so no layer B and no external midi keyboard needed.