Weird b4 key behavior

Weird b4 key behavior
« on: February 23, 2019, 03:25:02 PM »
I recently purchased my first ever synthesizer - a REV2, and I have encountered some odd behaviour which I am not sure is an actual flaw to de to my lack of experience with a hardware synth.

When I play with the first factory patch P1 P1 LosVangelis2041 and play several notes in a row I can trigger some weird clicking sounds on b4 which continues as long as I hold the key. After playing another key and going back once or twice it will sound normal. It is always b4 and I have not managed to get it on any other keys. I have also heard the behaviour with Patch P3 P13. It only happens when I have played several other keys before.

I have tried to make a small video where the sound can be heard. Can anybody tell me if this is an error in the synth or something is not sat up correctly?

https://streamable.com/s/d20wv/zvfbzy

Thanks

Re: Weird b4 key behavior
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 08:23:01 PM »
I’m not somewhere where I can listen to anything currently, but recently one of the updates had this issue I believe so if you go to the modern OS it should be fine. (If you haven’t updated before, it’s way less of a pain than you’d expect)

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 07:23:12 AM »
It's running the newest version 1.1.4.27. When you say modern OS do you mean the newest version?

I read that if you just play the same note over and over again it will cycle the 16 voices after each other? When I do that I can get the error to come consistently on the same voice counts. I don't know if they have a number assigned but if I just switch to a patch (in this case P3 P13) it will consistently make the error on 3, 7, 8, 11, 15, 16 and then it starts over. I made a short video again where you can hear those specific keystrokes sound weird.

https://imgur.com/a/Y5csc24 (sound has to be enabled)

jg666

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 07:41:35 AM »
The latest Beta version available is 1.1.5.9 - I would try that version if it were me.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 08:00:49 AM »
Have I understood correctly that updating can only happen over MIDI connection? At the moment I don't have that.

Do you think it's most likely due to software malfunction?

jg666

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 08:03:49 AM »
Have I understood correctly that updating can only happen over MIDI connection? At the moment I don't have that.

Do you think it's most likely due to software malfunction?

I update via usb.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 09:32:32 AM »
I had similar issues and they were all gone after a serious calibration. Strongly recommended.

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 07:42:11 AM »
I had similar issues and they were all gone after a serious calibration. Strongly recommended.
Same here, but the issues seemed to return occasionally, until I used Razmo's calibration technique: Let the Rev2 warm up for at least 30 minutes first, power off for 10 seconds, power on and calibrate immediately. (This also makes the calibration process go much quicker.)