Button Light Questions

Button Light Questions
« on: February 18, 2019, 04:17:36 PM »
I just recently bought a used REV2 and was wondering:

1)Should the MISC PARAMS, Arp MODE, Modulation SOURCE/DESTINATION, button light up when i press it?

2) How do i change volume ratio  levels between layers?

3) How do i assign my expression pedal to filters?

4) How do i stop my Tap Tempo Light from Flashing?

Thanks!

Richard Clements

Re: Button Light Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 08:33:11 PM »
I just recently bought a used REV2 and was wondering:

1)Should the MISC PARAMS, Arp MODE, Modulation SOURCE/DESTINATION, button light up when i press it?

2) How do i change volume ratio  levels between layers?

3) How do i assign my expression pedal to filters?

4) How do i stop my Tap Tempo Light from Flashing?

Thanks!

Richard Clements

1. No
2. Prog Volume in Misc Parameters
3. Choose Expression pedal as source in the Mod matrix then choose resonance or cutoff as destination
4. Not possible AFAIK

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 10:04:00 PM »
You can stop the Tap Tempo LED from flashing (if you absolutely want to) by selecting Slave in MIDI Clock Mode in the Globals settings and not having an external MIDI clock running. But of course that will mean that the sequencer and arpeggiator will not run either.

The Tap Tempo button light is flashing as a visual indicator of the speed of the MIDI clock (internal or external).

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 10:55:35 AM »
If you only want the Expression pedal to influence filter cutoff allways, you can set the global parameter for assigning the pedal to filter cutoff, and never think about it again... This also spares that mod matrix slot for routing pedal to cutoff.
If you need me, follow the shadows...

maxter

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 11:22:56 AM »
If you only want the Expression pedal to influence filter cutoff allways, you can set the global parameter for assigning the pedal to filter cutoff, and never think about it again... This also spares that mod matrix slot for routing pedal to cutoff.

Great tip! I had forgotten about that option, LFP Half and LPF Full. Good stuff, if you don't particularly need a lower modulation amount. But if so, you could instead set the Global pedal setting to CC#4 and use the pre-assigned modulation slot for CC#4 in the mod matrix (of each patch in this case), without occupying one of the 8 assignable mod slots.
The Way the Truth and the Life