Catastrophe!

Catastrophe!
« on: May 21, 2019, 01:46:41 PM »
So, my right outputs (both layers) just stopped working! No sound coming out whatsoever. I assume this is a hardware issue, and not something that can be fixed with an OS update, so I'm not even sure why I'm posting this really. Extremely disappointed! Could anyone remind me how long the warranty lasts?

Re: Catastrophe!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 02:20:38 PM »
Ouch! That is the kind of malfunction everyone hopes to avoid. I’m not sure about the warranty, I would expect it to be two years. I hope you can get this fixed quickly.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 02:22:36 PM by Jeroen van Bergen »
DSI Prophet Rev2 16 voice, Arturia Drumbrute Impact, Tascam DP-008 EX

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 02:32:28 PM »
Sorry you're experiencing an issue with your Rev2. Please contact our dedicated support channel, we'll help you sort it out quickly:

support (at) sequential.com

Our warranty varies a bit by region, ask the support agent you talk to. Regardless, we have a very musician-friendly out of warranty repair policy of just $25 USD per repair.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 08:52:02 PM »
And that there is why I love this company. Among other things too of course.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 07:35:36 PM »
Is this a common issue, or a known issue? I had the same exact issue just the other day. As a strange coincidence I was making new trs cables for my system. Upon my first test there was no audio coming out of the right channel. I swapped cables to test these new cables, but nothing was coming out if the right still. I turned everything off, wrung my cables one more time and then plugged everything back in. 2nd time around the audio was working on the right again. I originally chalked it up to a loose connection that was the issue but now reading this I believe otherwise.

I’m running the latest os 1.1.5.9 Anyone else have this issue?

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 08:49:57 PM »
Any news from Woland on this ?
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 11:17:03 AM »
Yeah, Carson was very helpful diagnosing the problem. He said that the issue is probably the output transistor for the the right Main and B outputs, so he has sent me some spare transistors free of charge! (They haven't arrived yet - I'm in Russia, so it'll take weeks for the package to go through custims, etc.) I have to say that I couldn't be happier with the customer service. Just wonderful!

Even better news is that the right outs have started working again! Having said that, I feel reassured that I've got some new transistors coming, because there's no guarantee that the problem won't happen again.

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 11:30:04 AM »
I also have been having issues with my right output.  It'll occasionally stop working, then I'll switch cables around til it works, but recently I've found that if I simply start messing around on the synth (off/on, switch through patches) after a few min it simply starts working again?  But it definitely has fits of not working which is confusing the hell out of me.  Any recommendations?