OSC 1 shape randomly changing in Logic Pro x [SOLVED]

OSC 1 shape randomly changing in Logic Pro x [SOLVED]
« on: October 04, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »
I've been having an issue that seems to only happen when I'm using my Rev2 within Logic. If I have it playing a sequence on a track in Logic OSC 1 will randomly change from a Sawtooth to a Pulse. If I set it back to sawtooth it will eventually switch back to pulse. I'm using midi cables (no USB connected). I've already power cycled. Recalibrated. Reset globals. What could be causing this?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 10:23:13 AM by extempo »

Re: OSC 1 shape randomly changing in Logic Pro x
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »
Check there is nothing about the Rev 2 in controller assignments.

Go to expert view, maybe something has been assigned to change it.

I had it recently on the P12, G3 somehow got assigned to affect the a soft synths filter and would no longer play.  No idea how it happened.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 04:57:14 PM by Frocktar »

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 07:47:20 PM »
Good call. Just took a look in there but didn't see any reference to the Rev2. I tried switching from NPRN to CC just to see if that would change anything but it still happened.Been fiddling for a few hours but nothing is making a difference. OSC 1 will always change to pulse at some point. Even if I start with something other than a sawtooth. So odd/frustrating.

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 09:45:14 PM »
Nevermind I figured it out. Some how my moog minitaur was sending rogue midi messages to the rev 2.  I'm not quite sure how that happened since they don't share a channel/port and I wasn't using the minitaur in the same project but as soon as I unplugged it the problem stopped so that is definitely the culprit. Thanks.

MPM

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 11:15:01 PM »
Nevermind I figured it out. Some how my moog minitaur was sending rogue midi messages to the rev 2.

Hey
I had a similar issue with the Minitaur causing the Rev2 filter attack value to jump from its setting (in any patch) to bounce around in a range between 40 and 80. Even after it was disconnected from the Rev2. I had to reload the Rev2 firmware, since a global reset didn’t fix the issue.

OB-6  Prophet-6  Prophet.Rev2/16  no kids