Mixer window bug (unwanted volume change)

Mixer window bug (unwanted volume change)
« on: August 23, 2018, 06:03:45 AM »
Hello everyone!

I am having a bit of a trouble with my Tempest. Sometimes (often enough to make me worried) the machine can just switch to the Mixer window by itself and turn down the volume of the sound I'm on at the moment. I see no logic to it. It drops down the volume to nearly 40 which is crazy. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens more often lately. By the way, it has happened in my home studio only (never at venues).
Has anyone experienced the same issue? What could the reason be? I attach the video of this thing happening.

Main OS: 1.5.0.2
Voice: 1.5

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:06:19 AM by yerimbetov »

Re: Mixer window bug (unwanted volume change)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 05:12:54 PM »
This is most likely due to some creep in the actual volume pot, which is why it's jumping to the mixer screen, affecting only the selected sound, and always jumping to the same volume (presumably the position of the actual pot).  It would not likely be an issue with the soft encoder, and certainly not the screen or the firmware.  You may just need to turn the knob a few times to clear up a dirty contact, spray the volume pot with contact cleaner (though I would ask DSI before doing that), or have the pot replaced altogether.  If it persists, I would contact DSI support.  They're generally pretty good about these things.

Cheers!

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 10:02:29 AM »
This is most likely due to some creep in the actual volume pot (...)

Thank you for your reply! Will contact the tech support.
All the best!

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 02:41:40 AM »
UPDATE: FIXED

For anyone experiencing problems of the same kind: this is what DSI support replied and it helped:

"A good place to start would be to turn the LEVEL pot across its full range of travel 50-100 times. Next, set the pot to its minimum or maximum setting. Check whether the issue you noted with the pot's value wandering is still present.
If the value stays fixed and does not change, try setting the pot to its mid point, and check again whether the value changes on its own".