Glide mysteriously deactivated during editing

maxter

Glide mysteriously deactivated during editing
« on: June 30, 2018, 02:09:59 PM »
When playing and editing a patch on my Rev2 8-voice, I find that all of a sudden there is no Glide anymore. I have it in Unison mode, and when this happens, the Glide button is still lit, and when I check misc parameters the values have not changed. Ie there should be glide. Editing the values makes the glide active again. Perhaps some kind of strange bug? I'm on the latest OS. Anyone else with this issue?

-Edit
OK, so I've found I'm NOT using the latest OS, I had missed there's a new BETA out, so I'll have to check if that one fixes the problem.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 02:20:04 PM by maxter »
The Way the Truth and the Life

Re: Glide mysteriously deactivated during editing
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 07:04:42 AM »
Have you tried this without anything MIDI connected to it ?

EDIT: there are two occasions where this would happen, if the GlideMode is set to either FixedRate A, or FixedTime A, and you play staccato style (lifting your fingers completely off the keyboard between each note played). The Glide would only show up between notes that overlap each other (legato style playing).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 07:25:46 AM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

maxter

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 10:44:45 AM »
Thanks for helping, Alain!

No, I haven't tried it without midi hooked up, but I also had that thought and will try it for a bit.

The glide mode is set at the standard Fixed Rate, so... I think I'll hook up an extra midi connection either by doubling or the thru-jack and monitor it, to see if there's any message being sent to the Rev2 that could cause this behaviour. Strange thing is the Glide button is still lit, and when I press it twice, deactivate and activate it, it starts working again, until next time it disappears.

jg666

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 11:15:29 AM »
Do you use the glide knob at the side of the glide button to alter the glide amount?
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

maxter

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 11:22:50 AM »
Do you use the glide knob at the side of the glide button to alter the glide amount?

Yes I do.

maxter

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 12:08:41 PM »
So I've been playing and editing sounds for a bit now, and the mysterious problem didn't occur once. I believe it could be that I'm now using OS 1.1.3, when I had the problem I was on 1.1.0.3, so maybe it's just a bug that's been fixed already. Thanks everyone for helping out!