Defining the last step in a poly sequence

janekroll

• Minimalist
Defining the last step in a poly sequence
« on: April 09, 2018, 08:34:51 AM »
So I'm creating a sequence with 63 steps, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to tell the rev2 to stop at the 63rd step. Now I get one step of silence before the sequence repeats. I know that in the gated sequencer you can define where the sequence resets, but I can't seem to find this feature in poly mode. Does anyone know?

Re: Defining the last step in a poly sequence
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 11:48:04 AM »
I think you simply stop entering new notes (or rests) and press play...
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

janekroll

• Minimalist
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 12:40:20 PM »
I think you simply stop entering new notes (or rests) and press play...

Yes, that's how I've done it before, and I've found a weird bug(?). I can use this technique to enter any steps from 1 to 62...but if I play 63 steps, the 64th step registers as a rest. I've tried this multiple times now, could you perhaps try it? The last time I just played a C 63 times...it should come out as even 16th forever (it does if I add 1 to 62 steps), but with 63 I get the problem.

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 09:52:50 PM »
I tried it and it does seem like a bug. Because any sequence entered shorter than 63 steps loops correctly, but if a sequence of 63 steps is entered, a 64th one is automatically created as a rest and messes up the looping.
As you said; it's weird.
Unless there's something else going on here ? Maybe we're doing something wrong ?

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

janekroll

• Minimalist
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 05:59:31 AM »
I tried it and it does seem like a bug. Because any sequence entered shorter than 63 steps loops correctly, but if a sequence of 63 steps is entered, a 64th one is automatically created as a rest and messes up the looping.
As you said; it's weird.
Unless there's something else going on here ? Maybe we're doing something wrong ?

Thanks for trying! So it's not only my synth. Should I file a bug report or something?

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 09:05:00 AM »

Thanks for trying! So it's not only my synth. Should I file a bug report or something?

Yes you could, by contacting DSI Support via email.