Hanging tone

Hanging tone
« on: April 22, 2018, 09:26:19 AM »
Hi guys.

I just got my (awesome) new Prophet Rev 2, but quite quickly found out there was a hanging tone that was alway there. Not as loud as the notes I actually played, but absolutely hearable, and so loud I can't use the Prophet live without muting every time I don't play it. The hanging note changes when I play, but not every time. Seems random, but I'm not sure. And only one hanging note at a time.

Does anybody know what this might be?

Re: Hanging tone
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 09:57:47 AM »
Hi guys.

I just got my (awesome) new Prophet Rev 2, but quite quickly found out there was a hanging tone that was alway there. Not as loud as the notes I actually played, but absolutely hearable, and so loud I can't use the Prophet live without muting every time I don't play it. The hanging note changes when I play, but not every time. Seems random, but I'm not sure. And only one hanging note at a time.

Does anybody know what this might be?

Hi.

The first thing that I would do would be to make sure I'm running the latest firmware (currently 1.1.0.6) and then perform a complete calibration of the synth. It might take a few tries for the calibration to run through to the end. If it hangs, just power down the synth and retry.

And if after all of that the hanging tone is still there, then I would contact DSI support via e-mail about it.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340