Help With Midiox Sysex Patch Upload to Rev 2 (How to Send to Different Banks)

Hi Everyone,

I have 3 different sysex files containing multiple patches each.

Can anyone assist in explaining how to upload all 3 sysex files concurrently?

I've tried to edit the 5th entry in the sysex file to specify the bank location but it keeps uploading/overwriting to Bank 1.

Even just uploading each at the start of a different Bank would work (file one to Bank 1, file two to Bank 2 etc.)

Thanks,
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 03:12:09 PM by Polysix »

The fifth one is correct. Take care to begin with "0" for the first bank. See attached hex comparison of patches in bank 1 prog 0 and bank 4 prog 128. When I send these two programs they will be loaded into the right places. Tested with MIDI-OX.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 09:48:16 PM by skrohmer »
DSI Prophet Rev2

Thanks,

I see what's going on. I'm going to have to edit each patch's bank location in the entire file (The file contains over 128 patches). I'm new to these and was assuming the first 5th entry applies to the entire file and all subsequent patches.

This Laser Mammoth site seems to be able batch transfer a loaded bank but I can't seem to get this to work either (uploading a sysex file doesn't populate the clipboard because they are Prophet 8 patches).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 07:12:44 PM by Polysix »

This Laser Mammoth site seems to be able batch transfer a loaded bank but I can't seem to get this to work either (uploading a sysex file doesn't populate the clipboard because they are Prophet 8 patches).
For Prophet 8 patches you have to select "Prophet 08" as device, not Rev2. Then you can import the patches from harddisk (as far as I know when you have a Pro account only) which then go to the clipboard.
DSI Prophet Rev2

For Prophet 8 patches you have to select "Prophet 08" as device, not Rev2. Then you can import the patches from harddisk (as far as I know when you have a Pro account only) which then go to the clipboard.

OK that allows me to upload the Prophet 8 sysex files and they appear on the clipboard side, but now I only have 2 banks available to write over because I've selected Prophet 8. Changing to Rev2 has 4 and it clears the clipboard so that gets me no further as just one of these sysex files has 2 banks worth of patches. They're actually just the available patches on the DSI website.

Appreciate the help thus far but this may be the end of the line outside of a bunch of manual editing.

I understand, of course it is not really a very comfortable way to organize Prophet 8 patches for a Rev2 but it was not meant for that originally. But you can stay on Prophet 8 settings, send a complete bank to the Rev2 and then change to Rev2 settings and upload the bank. So you use the Rev2 as clipboard. Then you have all patches stored in the Rev2 section and can do the same with some more banks. It's not really that more work in my opinion.
DSI Prophet Rev2