Re load sound

Re load sound
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:48:40 PM »
Hi,

Is it possible on the REV2 to re load a program,i mean a sound, if for example you have modifiy your sound during live and you want to cancel it and comme back to the original sound ?

Thanks

Re: Re load sound
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 08:54:40 PM »
Hi,

Is it possible on the REV2 to re load a program,i mean a sound, if for example you have modifiy your sound during live and you want to cancel it and comme back to the original sound ?

Thanks

Yes. As long as you don't click the "write" button, all the modifications that you did during live performance will not be retained. To return to the initial sound, simply choose another one momentarily, and come back to the one you want.

For example, let's say you have a sound called "my patch" and you change it in a live situation, simply select another one and return to the one named "my patch" and you will hear it as it was saved, unmodified.

Hope that helps ?

P.S. There might be another way, but this is how I do it very quickly.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 04:32:58 AM »
Hi,

Thanks

Yes. As long as you don't click the "write" button, all the modifications that you did during live performance will not be retained. To return to the initial sound, simply choose another one momentarily, and come back to the one you want.

For example, let's say you have a sound called "my patch" and you change it in a live situation, simply select another one and return to the one named "my patch" and you will hear it as it was saved, unmodified.

Hope that helps ?

Thanks, good idea

I just hope we desn't hear momentarily the other sound.

A button would be great

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 09:27:42 AM »
Hi,

Thanks

Hope that helps ?

Thanks, good idea

I just hope we desn't hear momentarily the other sound.

A button would be great

Yes, by doing what I suggested, you will hear the other sound momentarily before going back to your saved sound.

As an alternative, you can always press the "Compare" button. But doing so will only temporarily recall the original sound, and you won't be able to change anything, until you press that button a second time and return to the current modified sound.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 07:12:22 AM »
Thanks

So it could be a good feature request to add a reload function!

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 10:44:06 AM »
Another trick:
Put an identical patch next to the one you are editing.  Then just switch back and forth.

I usually create a cluster of identical patches since its too easy to jump past the target patch in the heat of the moment.