Playing on top of sequence and modulating Sustain

Playing on top of sequence and modulating Sustain
« on: January 09, 2018, 02:22:43 AM »
Hello,

I'm new here and have 2 (probably) beginners questions about using the Rev2.

First, can anyone tell me how I can play on top of a sequenced patch with another patch? The manual says it's possible but doesn't explain how. I managed by using the Split A+B function, where the sequenced patch is layer A and playing on top with Layer B. Performance wise, this is limiting because I can't use the entire keybed.

Second, is it possible to modulate the VCA/ENV3 Sustain using an LFO? I can't seem to find the direct Destination option for Sustain in the LFO menu.

Thank you in advance.

Mark

Re: Playing on top of sequence and modulating Sustain
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 05:57:20 AM »
No one?

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 12:33:46 AM »
No one?
I am a bit puzzled by your first question, I have hesitated to respond, sorry about that.

In addition to the Split A+B function you can also use the layered approach. But then, when the sequencer is running, you do play both patches. If you can drive the Rev2 from an external MIDI source (DAW, keyboard), you can use multimode. The base channel is driving layer A and the base+1 channel will be driving layer 2.

With regards to your second question I will have a look into that tonight. But from memory (see also appendix B in the Rev2 manual) you cannot modulate sustain level. My guess is if you want to affect the level you will need to use as destination Env1/2/3/All amount.
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 03:38:04 AM »
Hey mate, Sustain is not an available destination, even the P12 doesn’t allow this and she’s the queen of modulation.

And as stated above, you could achieve your other desire with external midi signals that I’m aware of.