noise hiss from the main out

noise hiss from the main out
« on: August 30, 2016, 03:32:48 PM »
Hi to all!My name is Matteo and i'm a new tempest owner(really proud)

I've noticed that from the main output a subtle noise.I can't rise up the volume completely because the noise is really audible.

Is a problem of the Tempest?

Re: noise hiss from the main out
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 03:51:41 PM »
Try turning the compressor down when nothing is playing.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 09:03:37 PM »
Hi to all!My name is Matteo and i'm a new tempest owner(really proud)

I've noticed that from the main output a subtle noise.I can't rise up the volume completely because the noise is really audible.

Is a problem of the Tempest?

I have the same problem and still don t know what to do! anyone?!

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 12:15:41 AM »
As mentioned - this noise will get a lot worse if either compression or distortion aren't at zero so check that first.

Apart from this I haven't noticed any significant noise issues though the main outs do seem to have a higher noise floor than the voice outs for some reason (and also suffer from some weird crosstalk issues sometimes that I can't get to the bottom of).
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 08:47:27 PM »
As mentioned - this noise will get a lot worse if either compression or distortion aren't at zero so check that first.

Apart from this I haven't noticed any significant noise issues though the main outs do seem to have a higher noise floor than the voice outs for some reason (and also suffer from some weird crosstalk issues sometimes that I can't get to the bottom of).

With compression and distortion at zero, Tempest vol max, and mains at 60%; I can hear a significant amount of noise (-40db) coming from factory beats 2,8,11,15. It would be great if someone could point to the setting in those beats/sounds that causes this.