Mod Source Shortcut Bug?

Mod Source Shortcut Bug?
« on: February 10, 2018, 01:11:19 AM »
When I start with an INIT patch, select Mod Matrix slot 1, hold the Source button and press "LFO1", the source gets set to LFO1.

However, when I THEN edit slot 2 and repeat the same steps, also with LFO1, nothing gets automatically assigned. I'm still able to select LFO1 as the modulation source for slot 2 manually using the Value knob, but the "hold the source button + press the LFO1 button" shortcut doesn't work. It doesn't work for any other slot either, once LFO1 has already been assigned to at least one slot.

The same is true for Velocity, and possibly for other source parameters as well...I haven't tested them all.

If this is a bug, it would sure be nice to have it fixed in the next OS update. Can anyone confirm this behavior? I'm on the latest (1.1.0.3).

Thanks.

Re: Mod Source Shortcut Bug?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 05:55:02 AM »
yeah, one bug that i've found really annoying -- i can only use source to set the source of an LFO once, otherwise have to use the value to manually input. At first i kinda freaked out because i thought i couldn't use the same LFO to mod multiple parameters, but then realized i had to do it all manually. It would be amazingly awesome if source/destination buttons would work for all mod sources and destinations regardless if they've already been set once.  🙏🏻

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 04:17:48 PM »
Yeah, exactly! Thanks for at least confirming it's not just me. Hopefully the right ears have heard about this issue and can get it to work in the next version.

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 10:58:38 PM »
Hopefully the right ears have heard about this issue and can get it to work in the next version.

The right ears will not necessarily hear it but when you inform the support on the normal way (email or formular, not this forum) I'm sure it will be seen by the right eyes...  ;)
DSI Prophet Rev2

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 02:53:39 AM »
Thanks, I've emailed support and linked this post for reference. Hopefully they will listen and correct this.

-A

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 05:14:25 PM »
I just figured it was already well known, it's pretty noticeable if you spend time programming the mod matrix. If it hasn't been reported -- jeez, wish i did so long ago!

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 05:20:25 PM »
That bug hasn't really bothered me, since most of the time I use another shortcut of holding the Source button and turning the Amount knob to select the source, and hold the Destination and use the same Amount knob to select destination. ;-)

But I admit that the few times I wanted to assign the same LFO to more than one Mod slot, the non-working second time around shortcut annoyed me a little ...
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Prophet REV2 (16V), VC340

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 05:29:28 AM »
The Prophet 12 does the same thing, so it looks like the interface is designed that way.  I wonder if it's to stop extra presses filling the mod matrix?

Richard
DSI: P12M, Rev2-16.  Roland: JV-2080, JX-03, JU-06, JP-08, TR-08, TR-09, Moog Subsequent 37, Alesis QSR, E-Mu Proteus 2000, Novation Mininova, Yamaha Reface DX, Marshall JMP-1, Boss GX-700, Oberheim GM 400, mostly Yamaha guitars apart from a Fender Telecaster.  Oh, and lots of cables.

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 05:44:14 AM »
That bug hasn't really bothered me, since most of the time I use another shortcut of holding the Source button and turning the Amount knob to select the source, and hold the Destination and use the same Amount knob to select destination. ;-)

Thanks, I wasn't aware of these shortcuts!  :D

Is there a good thread on this forum, or just a good website in general, where all these sorts of shortcuts are listed in one place? Or are they in the manual and I just missed them?