ARP RELATCH doesn't work, no Arp transpose (SOLVED)

ARP RELATCH doesn't work, no Arp transpose (SOLVED)
« on: December 17, 2017, 12:01:21 AM »
In HOLD-modus, no matter if I switch ARP RELATCH "on" or "off", a played note is always added to the Arp-pattern. I just can't let the pattern transpose, as it should be by playing a note with ARP RELATCH "on".

What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:50:10 AM by Paul Dither »

Re: ARP RELATCH doesn't work, no Arp transpose
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 01:27:06 AM »
What am I doing wrong?
You seem to use layer B ;-).

Without kidding: It does only work for layer A. Has been reported by myself some time ago and should be on the 2do list...
DSI Prophet Rev2

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 04:54:53 AM »
Good to know! Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 10:15:32 AM »
I didn't try untill today:

It doesn't work on Layer A either!? What can be the matter?

jg666

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 11:02:45 AM »
I didn't try untill today:

It doesn't work on Layer A either!? What can be the matter?

Is it for a particular patch or is it on all patches?
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 07:09:01 PM »
It is on all patches.

Are there any suggestions to clear this issue, or should I contact the support?

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 05:03:14 AM »
I have contacted DSI last week and it is still known and on the todo list.
DSI Prophet Rev2

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 07:23:52 AM »
Thanks! But I'm irritated as you wrote that the issue is only on Layer B.

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 07:28:13 AM »
Thanks! But I'm irritated as you wrote that the issue is only on Layer B.
Sorry, I missed this in your posting. Yes, I can confirm (tested on 18th Dec 2017 with firmware 1.1.0.3) that with my device it works for layer A and for both layers in stack mode. Layer B only or layer B when using split mode does collect any keypress and does not release the previous ones.
DSI Prophet Rev2

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 08:08:47 AM »
The firmware is a thing I'm also irritated about: On this page the Firmware 1.1.01 is announced as the latest:

https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/updating-prophet-rev2-os/

Why is that so and where is the download for 1.1.0.3?

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 09:14:26 AM »
On the homepage you will find the latest official. The current beta is here in the forum:

http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,1531.0.html
DSI Prophet Rev2

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 09:32:43 AM »
Sorry, I missed this in your posting. Yes, I can confirm (tested on 18th Dec 2017 with firmware 1.1.0.3) that with my device it works for layer A and for both layers in stack mode. Layer B only or layer B when using split mode does collect any keypress and does not release the previous ones.
Tried it again, still works like described. Try following with two basic programs A and B:

Layer A
- Set CLOCK DIVIDE to Quarter
- Switch on ARP, set Arp Relatch to On

Layer B
- Set CLOCK DIVIDE to 16th
- Switch on ARP, set Arp Relatch to On
- Set OSC 1 FREQ to C4

Just use Layer A, press one key -> you will hear this tone. Press two other keys -> you will hear these two instead of the previous one.

Then switch on Stack A+B and HOLD. Press one key -> you will hear a low tone and a faster high tone. Press two other keys -> you will hear two low tones and two faster higher tones.

Can you reproduce this?
DSI Prophet Rev2

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 07:16:04 PM »
Thanks for the reply!

As I was on OS 1.1.0.1 untill now, I updated to 1.1.0.3, Now the Arp works as it should - solved!

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 07:24:44 PM »
Kai-vD, you could perhaps go back to your initial message on this thread and edit the subject to add (SOLVED) to it ?
It would make it easier for other members to search for solutions to problems encountered on their REV2.
Thanks.
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2017, 07:58:16 PM »
How do I do that? The ACTION-button only offers QUOTE to me. How can I edit the title?

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 09:02:20 PM »
How do I do that? The ACTION-button only offers QUOTE to me. How can I edit the title?

Oops, sorry, I thought it was possible to edit the title, but I guess that option is only available for a certain time after the initial message is posted in a thread ?

I had succeeded in doing that in another thread that I had started, but it got solved rather quickly (the same day), and I could still edit the title. So I was under the impression that it could be done later on, but I guess not.

Again, sorry. 
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Re: ARP RELATCH doesn't work, no Arp transpose (SOLVED)
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 02:52:41 AM »
I added a "SOLVED" to the title.

You usually have 30 minutes to edit a post or title. After that time has passed, the option disappears. So the edit option will only show up for more or less immediate modifications. I hope that clears things up.

Re: ARP RELATCH doesn't work, no Arp transpose (SOLVED)
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 02:31:24 PM »
Sorry, but itīs not really solved, just upgraded to 1.1.0.3, and as somebody said, on Layer A all good, Layer B relatch NOT WORKING, please fix that soon! You often need ARP in the right hand and BASS in the left, no?
greetings
andajazz