FX bug again?

mdts

FX bug again?
« on: November 19, 2017, 10:30:32 AM »
Hi, I just wanted to report a bug that I encounter when browsing certain presets on my Rev2-16. I'm running 1.1.0.1 firmware calibrated after update.

1. choose a preset
2. hit play on the sequencer
3. browse through presets using the Program knob
4. when encountering certain presets that use Distortion FX, distortion/fuzziness will be applied to the next presets

One patch that does this - F1-67 (U1-67) will distort F1-68 (U1-68). Going forward to F1-69 then back to 68 will reset the distortion and it will play normally.
Another patch and the worst I found so far - F3-29 (U3-29) sometimes it will mess up all the presets and the only way to reset the distortion is by turning the synth off and on again.

I believe 1.1.0.1 was supposed to fix this but apparently some patches still activate the bug.

Can anyone else confirm the same occurance on their synth?

Re: FX bug again?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 12:54:05 PM »
Hi, I just wanted to report a bug that I encounter when browsing certain presets on my Rev2-16. I'm running 1.1.0.1 firmware calibrated after update.

1. choose a preset
2. hit play on the sequencer
3. browse through presets using the Program knob
4. when encountering certain presets that use Distortion FX, distortion/fuzziness will be applied to the next presets

One patch that does this - F1-67 (U1-67) will distort F1-68 (U1-68). Going forward to F1-69 then back to 68 will reset the distortion and it will play normally.
Yes, I can reproduce this.

Another patch and the worst I found so far - F3-29 (U3-29) sometimes it will mess up all the presets and the only way to reset the distortion is by turning the synth off and on again.

I believe 1.1.0.1 was supposed to fix this but apparently some patches still activate the bug.

Can anyone else confirm the same occurance on their synth?
No, at least up to now. Do you find any scenario how to force it to appear?
DSI Prophet Rev2

mdts

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 02:25:21 PM »
Well sometimes preset 29 messes up just the next few patches up or down, other times it corrupts all. Can't replicate it.

Will look for similar patches when I have more time.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 01:38:10 AM »
Today I had suddenly a strange behavior which may be caused by this crazy preset, I don't know. After switching on the device and playing a note this tone ran away. I played C and during the next minute it got higher up to more than D. Suddenly it fell back to C. This even happened for the basic program and with MIDI disconnected. After recalibration for the moment it looks fine again. Looked like OSC SLOP was activated for every preset. I guess it could be likely a result of playing with the preset 29 yesterday, or maybe I have waken another ghost ;-)...
DSI Prophet Rev2

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 02:47:03 AM »
I also have this issue, results in an unpleasant ringing on several patches after switching through particular presets. Rebooting resolves - hoping its a firmware issue?

mdts

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 11:42:11 AM »
Tested it again with the new 1.1.0.3 beta and same results with same patches...gotta say it's frustrating to see this not fixed for so long.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 03:15:58 AM »
Doing a gig with the REV2 again tonight.

Love to be a "live beta-tester". Very exciting!

Rico

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 03:52:09 AM »
Love to be a "live beta-tester". Very exciting!

I second that... Believe I've used almost the same exact words on this forum (or if it was in a mail conversation with DSI). Still hoping for a big firmware update that can take care of all the little annoying problems that adds up to a lot of frustration.