Microtuning: Convert Scala to MTS (web app)

Microtuning: Convert Scala to MTS (web app)
« on: June 30, 2023, 06:34:01 AM »
Hey folks,

There used to be a website where this could be done before, but it died. I made a Python script to do this instead, but it turned out to not be so user-friendly to non-programmers. So I ported it to a Flask web app which I'm hosting here:

https://scala2mts.vercel.app

With this form you can upload a Scala tuning file and get a MIDI SysEx file back. You can upload this to your hardware, such as Cirklon or Prophet rev2 with SysEx Librarian.

Re: Microtuning: Convert Scala to MTS (web app)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 03:09:02 PM »
I was attempting to do this today and had a nightmare - when a Sysex file is sent to the rev2 does it need to be in/on a particular state/page in order to receive it? I’m unfamiliar with Sysex and have used .scl on other synths which was a lot easier. How will the Sysex file know where to go and what to replace? How will I know if it has been received? I ended up turning my .scl files into .syx but when I sent them across via usb nothing seemed to happen. I’d love to get micro tuning working on my rev2 as I love the sounds but Sysex is a nightmare. I wish there was rev2 software that made it a little easier.

Re: Microtuning: Convert Scala to MTS (web app)
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 08:19:40 PM »
Hey folks,

There used to be a website where this could be done before, but it died. I made a Python script to do this instead, but it turned out to not be so user-friendly to non-programmers. So I ported it to a Flask web app which I'm hosting here:

https://scala2mts.vercel.app

With this form you can upload a Scala tuning file and get a MIDI SysEx file back. You can upload this to your hardware, such as Cirklon or Prophet rev2 with SysEx Librarian.

Thank you so much for Scala2MTS!!! I am so happy to have this capability now. I used to use the website you mentioned that allowed this, until it disappeared. I tried out Scala2MTS today and it worked perfectly. I tested it by creating a sysex file from a scala file using Scala2MTS and then sending it using Bome SendSX to my Novation Summit. I tested it with that synth because while it will receive tuning files via sysex, it also allows creating tunings directly on the instrument. Therefore I could carefully check the file in detail after sending it via sysex. It worked fine and checked out perfectly.
I will use Scala2MTS to create tuning files to send to my Sequential Pro 3, which will receive the files by sysex, but that synth does not allow creating tunings directly on the instrument. I already sent a bunch of tuning files to the Pro 3, back when the old Scala to MTS converter was still available online, but when it disappeared, that was the end of my ability to send tuning files to the Pro 3. Now I am so glad to have the capability back, and I will soon be creating and sending more tuning files to my Pro 3.
Again, my thanks to you for creating this app and making it available online for free. It is much appreciated!