Resonance not responding on a particular patch

jg666

Resonance not responding on a particular patch
« on: November 02, 2017, 01:53:16 PM »
I was playing about on a lot of different patches last night and on one of them the resonance just wouldn't respond for either the A or B layer. I'm set to pass-thru so obviously tried the knob at both ends of the scale and still it stayed on the previous knob's value that I'd changed.

Is there a valid reason for this or do I have to find it again and make a note of the patch?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 02:01:46 PM by jg666 »
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

Re: Resonance not responding on a particular patch
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 05:47:08 PM »
I was playing about on a lot of different patches last night and on one of them the resonance just wouldn't respond for either the A or B layer. I'm set to pass-thru so obviously tried the knob at both ends of the scale and still it stayed on the previous knob's value that I'd changed.

Is there a valid reason for this or do I have to find it again and make a note of the patch?

Is the filter setting 4 pole or 2 pole in the preset? I've noticed that the resonance can be barely audible with the 2 pole setting depending on what else is going on in the filter section. Just a guess if all is well with everything else.
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

jg666

Re: Resonance not responding on a particular patch
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 02:35:37 AM »
Sorry I probably didn't explain it clearly enough :)

The display is still showing the name of the last knob used and the Res knob never registers on the display at all. So in the mode that I'm using it in, once you go past the value of Resonance that is currently in use, it should start displaying the new values along with the title Res on the display. This doesn't happen in this case.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6