Is the Prophet 6 going to be a one off product with the Sequential name?

Is the Prophet 6 going to be a one off product with the Sequential name?

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Is the Prophet 6 going to be a one off product with the Sequential name?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 09:18:14 AM »
Yes, that certainly is the $2,800 question.  I was hoping DSI/Sequential might make a new VCO monophonic synthesizer, similar to the Prophet-6 but having a more complex voice architecture.  Who knows what will be awaiting us this January at the DSI NAMM booth?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:48:12 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 12:50:32 PM »
Yes, that certainly is the $2,800 question.  I was hoping DSI/Sequential might make a new VCO monophonic synthesizer, similar to the Prophet-6 but having a more complex voice architecture.  Who knows what will be awaiting us this January at the DSI NAMM booth?

Honestly I really hope they don’t do a Mono. It’ll be a step backwards and there’s enough monophic synths on the market. If anything I’d rather a Pro 4 which would be a 4 voice multitimbral synth which is pretty much like four AS-1s under the hood. Each can have its own sequence, own patches, you can stack and layer them how you wish. At least that would be something different.

But to the topic at hand if they don’t ever use the Sequential name again what a waste that would be.

LoboLives

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 12:54:35 PM »
One thought I had would be for DSI to have two separate departments. I don’t think they are quite big enough but have the name Dave Smith Instruments targeted towards the consumer with lower prices instruments ($1000-$2000) and the Sequential name for prosumer higher priced limited run instruments ($2500-$4000).

I sort of feel that DSI and Pioneer should just continue their collaboration under a new name. Not sure why but I do.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 06:08:02 AM »
AS-1 is sounding so much like a Pro-1 (or 1 voice P6 ) so I guess there's no need for another mono. However, could be nice to see one...

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 06:19:02 AM »
Well, the Mopho Desktop was followed by the Mopho Keyboard.