Mod wheel loose

Mod wheel loose
« on: September 16, 2017, 06:15:40 PM »
Hi all. This is my first post here so please forgive me if this subject has been discussed before.

I got my new Prophet 6 about a month ago and am slowly working through the presets and playing with them. Very pleased with the sounds I'm getting.

A week or two ago I purchased a MOTU Midi Express hooked all my midi stuff up to it and noticed that there are random mod wheel midi events coming from the Prophet. Looking at the mod wheel (which I haven't really used much yet) I noticed that it is loose ... that is, there is significant sideways movement.

This was not the case on the demo Prophet at the store ... I went back and checked. Has anyone seen this and what was the fix for you? I can think of two possibilities. Either the mod wheel pot is loose and needs tightening or the shaft of the pot is loose.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

Re: Mod wheel loose
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 02:52:11 PM »
Congrats on the new Prophet-6! Sorry to hear the mod wheel is loose. There are a couple of screws that hold the wheel hanger bracket in place, my guess is these need to be tightened and there's nothing physically wrong with the mod wheel itself. Please contact our dedicated support channel: support (at) davesmithinstruments.com

It's easy to open the lid with a screwdriver, and we have detailed instructions for how to tighten it up.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

Re: Mod wheel loose
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 09:52:45 AM »
Thanks for the help, DSI. Simple fix with your help. Very pleased with your prompt and helpful service.
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.