Usb synchronisation

Usb synchronisation
« on: September 12, 2017, 05:49:17 AM »
Hi everyone,

I own the Prophet rev2 and Im working on Logic pro x 10.
I can't seem to synchronise the Prohet with the logic through USB. Logic does recognise it and the synchronisation settings and I have the prophet set on slave but when I have this setting the arpeggiator doesn't work wich means its not getting a clock signal, even when I record or playback. Anyone knows how to solve this? Thanks!

Re: Usb synchronisation
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 06:02:13 AM »
Hi. I use Cubase and have no problems synchronizing. In settings I had to switch to mtc and put rev2 as target. My rev 2 is set to slave no s/s
IMac Mid 2013, Cubase 9Pro, Prophet Rev 2 8voice

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 08:08:18 AM »
Hi everyone,

I own the Prophet rev2 and Im working on Logic pro x 10.
I can't seem to synchronise the Prohet with the logic through USB. Logic does recognise it and the synchronisation settings and I have the prophet set on slave but when I have this setting the arpeggiator doesn't work wich means its not getting a clock signal, even when I record or playback. Anyone knows how to solve this? Thanks!
Hoi Bas,

I am using Bitwig 2, on Windoze 7, which has for the HW instrument a nice MIDI clock button to switch clock off/on. This works beautifully over USB for the Rev2. You can see the Rev2 synchronizing by checking the display as soon as you press the MIDI clock button. If there is no BPM value in the top right corner it is not receiving a MIDI sync beat (when set to slave mode). My guess is Logic Pro is doing something unexpected.
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 02:20:36 PM »
Also curious... Did you find a solution? I experience the same issues.

EDIT: I got it to work "better" setting transmit clock to: ALL ( the rev2 option didn't work for me). BUT now I need to have logic playing or recording to be able to get patches with ARP enabled to actually play the arp.

Isn't there a way to make rev2 remember its own clock or last used clock timings? Now when I hit stop in Logic the ARP seems to think that the clock is set to zero or something.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 03:25:05 PM by Consigliere »

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 05:33:29 PM »

EDIT: I got it to work "better" setting transmit clock to: ALL ( the rev2 option didn't work for me). BUT now I need to have logic playing or recording to be able to get patches with ARP enabled to actually play the arp.

Isn't there a way to make rev2 remember its own clock or last used clock timings? Now when I hit stop in Logic the ARP seems to think that the clock is set to zero or something.

In Nuendo there is a clock setting called "Send Midi Clock in stop mode." Look for something like that in Logic.
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 03:06:15 PM »

In Nuendo there is a clock setting called "Send Midi Clock in stop mode." Look for something like that in Logic.
Thanks. I didn't find an option like that when I desperately searched through it... but now I know what to search for.