Shepards Tones with the Tempest

RobH

Shepards Tones with the Tempest
« on: May 15, 2017, 09:20:13 AM »
I've never made one of these before so i'm going to attempt it within the Tempest, not sure i'll get the fades right without a DAW but still, has anyone else made a Sherpards Tone in the T???

RobH

Re: Shepards Tones with the Tempest
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 04:51:40 PM »
I've never made one of these before so i'm going to attempt it within the Tempest, not sure i'll get the fades right without a DAW but still, has anyone else made a Sherpards Tone in the T???

I couldn't do it lol. It was kind of fun trying, i think I had the technique wrong and needed to use like 4 octaves to get the desired result when i was only using 2 and i'm not sure if they were pitching perfectly over and octave either, oh and i was guessing the timing.

Yeah i'll try again tommorow

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 09:19:45 PM »
I think a combo of glide and LFO modulation of pitch should do it. I remember doing the Tom Cosm tutorial on Live. 4 OSC can do a decent one. I just have to look back at it and see if it is possible on the T.

Great idea;)
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 12:06:13 AM »
ROBH - you threw some Jedi Mond Trick on me bro. I spent 4 hours trying to create a damn shep. tone. It definately needs the 4OSC. The Mod Mx is throwing me off.

The trck is to have the low OSC3 (Lowest Note) fade from 0 to 127 over 8Bars and have OSC4(Highest Note) fade from 127 to 0. The pad must be assigned a voice.

All OSC Wave Reset/No Key Follow
OSC1-Tri - C5 50/50mix
OSC2-Tri - C6 50/50mix
OSC3-Sin- neg12 -vol0
OSC4-Sin - 0 - vol127

LFO1 - Saw - 16qrt/sync (note reset)

Mod
Slots 1-4 LFO1 +12 Freq (each OSC)
Slot5 LFO1 +127 OSC3
Slot6 LFO1 -127 OSC4

Amp ADSR On 40A 64D 127S 40R

Aux1: trying to figure out a curve to fade out OSC3
Aux2: trying to fade in OSC4

So far no dice...very close though...

The Anlg/Digital OSC are not exactly the same tone but passable. With the setup above the low end kicks in noticeably when the LFO cycles.

It must be possible! I am sure the mod mx must be tweaked...not sure of AUX1/2 should be needed...

I WAS goong to do something totally different tonight instead of going brain dead on a continous tone from hell!

One more thing...the Dig OSC so not have a large enough pitch range and the Analog OSC sound too raw for this purpose once you go lower so I am pretty sure the tuning is the saeet spot.

I have mot tossed in the towel on this but for my sanity I hope AdamX or Yorgos gives it a whirl.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)