MONO

MONO
« on: April 30, 2017, 07:55:02 AM »
Hi,
If I decide to run my Prophet 6 desktop in mono, I read in the manuel that the two outputs will be two separate mono output... So what output I will have to use? L or R, or both??...
Thank you

Re: MONO
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 01:32:16 PM »
In global parameters - Stereo/Mono: Ste, Mon (Stereo, Mono)—The Prophet-6 defaults to stereo operation. When set to Mono, this parameter defeats all pan settings and modulation, effectively making each of the outputs a mono output

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 02:53:19 PM »
Yes I read that... So clearly it means I can use L or R with no difference?

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 03:18:23 PM »
Yep - equal signal level in both channels.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 04:48:47 PM »
OK but equal sound too? No subtle difference between L or R? The sound will be EXACTLY the same from the two outputs?
And there is an interest to use the two mono outputs with a double TS jack to one TRS jack into one mono input of my mixer? Or have I only to plug a TS jack into L or R of the Prophet to one mono input of my mixer?
Thank you!

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 05:05:35 AM »
OK but equal sound too? No subtle difference between L or R? The sound will be EXACTLY the same from the two outputs?
And there is an interest to use the two mono outputs with a double TS jack to one TRS jack into one mono input of my mixer? Or have I only to plug a TS jack into L or R of the Prophet to one mono input of my mixer?
Thank you!

One TS plug into either the left or the right output of the P6 (tinfoil hats notwithstanding, the sound should be the same), the other TS plug into a mono channel on your mixer.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000