What synth is that?

Shaw

Re: Next New DSI Instrument
« Reply #1022 on: September 13, 2019, 08:35:08 PM »
LED encircled encoders

Now no one does it.

Apart from Yamaha...  ;)

What synth is that?
Yamaha Montage... with the Super Knob.  A regular knob, but bigger. ;)   

"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa

jok3r

« Reply #1023 on: September 14, 2019, 02:47:32 AM »
The new Roland Fantom has also LED indicators around some (I don't know if all) knobs and sliders...
Prophet Rev2, Novation Peak, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES,  Akai MPK 261

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #1024 on: Yesterday at 02:21:13 AM »
I saw a post today, that DSI has copyrighted the name PRO-3...seems to match the statement from someone who was selling their Pro-1 knowing something we do not.

I guess we will see a 16 voice version of something that can sound excactly like a Pro-1... Otherwise someone would not sell their pro1 because of this...

Also, in the light of the Behringer feud, this is exactly what would be nedded to fight back at the Behringer Pro1... It just needs to be properly priced and have memory to boot... That might give it the edge...
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:28:12 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #1025 on: Yesterday at 04:04:19 AM »
I saw a post today, that DSI has copyrighted the name PRO-3...seems to match the statement from someone who was selling their Pro-1 knowing something we do not.

I guess we will see a 16 voice version of something that can sound excactly like a Pro-1... Otherwise someone would not sell their pro1 because of this...

Also, in the light of the Behringer feud, this is exactly what would be nedded to fight back at the Behringer Pro1... It just needs to be properly priced and have memory to boot... That might give it the edge...

I wonder....analog oscillators? Digital? Both?
Prophet 6, Prophet X, Moog Sub 37, Tempest Drum Computer, Roland V Piano, Fender American Stratocaster, Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii, Origin Effects Cali76 and SlideRig compressor, ASUS Zenbook Pro Computer, Soundcraft MTK 22 Mixer, Mark Of The Unicorn Digital Performer 10 Software.

« Reply #1026 on: Yesterday at 04:05:44 AM »
Also wouldn’t a Polyphonic Pro just be a Prophet?
Prophet 6, Prophet X, Moog Sub 37, Tempest Drum Computer, Roland V Piano, Fender American Stratocaster, Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii, Origin Effects Cali76 and SlideRig compressor, ASUS Zenbook Pro Computer, Soundcraft MTK 22 Mixer, Mark Of The Unicorn Digital Performer 10 Software.

« Reply #1027 on: Yesterday at 04:28:25 AM »
That’s quite exciting. My poly fund is ready and waiting.

kimu

« Reply #1028 on: Yesterday at 05:36:26 AM »
 I would love to see a new poly synth from DSI based on the legacy of P12 and Pro2 but i guess that in this case it would be called Prophet- and not Pro-
My feeling is that Pro will always be used for mono synth (paraphonic synth) monster.
maybe an evolved Pro2 with 2 sample osc from Px and 2 digital ones

« Reply #1029 on: Yesterday at 09:45:24 AM »

Almost certainly not the case or it would not have the Pro moniker minus the phet. All it would need is VCOs with the addition of digital oscillators (which might not be the case or else it could be considered part of the Evolver line instead, but then again, the Evolver had DCOs so maybe not) or (so long as it at least has VCOs) the fact that it will have patch memory as well as more sophisticated modulation, etc. (possibly multiple CV I/Os again) is reason enough alone. 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:09:41 AM by A Thousand Eyes »
Prophet 6, Quantum, & Rytm MKII

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #1030 on: Yesterday at 01:31:04 PM »

Almost certainly not the case or it would not have the Pro moniker minus the phet. All it would need is VCOs with the addition of digital oscillators (which might not be the case or else it could be considered part of the Evolver line instead, but then again, the Evolver had DCOs so maybe not) or (so long as it at least has VCOs) the fact that it will have patch memory as well as more sophisticated modulation, etc. (possibly multiple CV I/Os again) is reason enough alone.

Still it would not make sense to sell your Pro-1 if the replacement would not sound 100% like it... this is what is confusing... but I guess you all will just have to wait and see what comes...
If you need me, follow the shadows...