The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Next New DSI Instrument

Re: Next New DSI Instrument
« Reply #780 on: Yesterday at 01:23:10 PM »
I'm sure most of you already know this, but Sequential is on the Exhibitor List for 2019 NAMM... Rock On, Dave!

Oh man!! This is gonna be awesome!
Prophet 6, Prophet X, Moog Sub 37, Oberheim SEM-Pro, Tempest Drum Computer, Roland V Piano,Kurzweil K2600XS, Roland FA-08, Baldwin Upright Piano, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Gibson Chet Atkins SST, Jackson King V, Ibanez Jem, Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii

Shaw

« Reply #781 on: Yesterday at 01:39:10 PM »
I'm sure most of you already know this, but Sequential is on the Exhibitor List for 2019 NAMM... Rock On, Dave!

Oh man!! This is gonna be awesome!
The Sequential booth is listed as "TKAB" -- most others have a booth number.  Nektar Technologies are listed in booth "TKCD".  So perhaps Sequential and Nektar are sharing space in a different room from the main floor?
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa

Shaw

« Reply #782 on: Yesterday at 01:48:09 PM »
OK, so "TKAB" appears to be a small booth (or stage?) right outside the main entrance on the First Level. (see attached map)
Also, notice Dave have chosen a spot with an ATM machine right outside.   Convenient!   :)
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa

« Reply #783 on: Yesterday at 03:22:50 PM »
It's funny that now we don't even try to guess what sort of instrument Sequential will next release.  Years ago, on the old DSI/Prophet forum, we would all be making our best educated guesses, and some would actually get it right.  Chris or Tracy would post close up images of the instrument on the forum just to add to the sport of it, and we'd rack our brains trying to figure out what it was.  That was fun and exciting. 

« Reply #784 on: Today at 02:49:24 AM »
It's funny that now we don't even try to guess what sort of instrument Sequential will next release.  Years ago, on the old DSI/Prophet forum, we would all be making our best educated guesses, and some would actually get it right.  Chris or Tracy would post close up images of the instrument on the forum just to add to the sport of it, and we'd rack our brains trying to figure out what it was.  That was fun and exciting.

I think the last teaser picture we got was from the Rev2, right?

Anyhow, after the last busy year I'd be surprised if there was already a new announcement at the NAMM show. I assume that they will mostly present the PX and PXL.

« Reply #785 on: Today at 05:33:32 AM »

Anyhow, after the last busy year I'd be surprised if there was already a new announcement at the NAMM show. I assume that they will mostly present the PX and PXL.

Gee, I don't remember the picture of the Rev2.  I thought they stopped that long ago.

It seems as if Sequential/DSI always has an announcement.  And since they will be at NAMM this year, I'm optimistically thinking there may at least be a word and an image about a Prophet 12 replacement.  That's my hope.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:52:41 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #786 on: Today at 06:17:22 AM »

Fingers crossed that your assumption is wrong. It would seem rather odd if they spent money and travel time to present a synth that’s been reviewed and demoed for almost a year now.
Prophet 6, Prophet X, Moog Sub 37, Oberheim SEM-Pro, Tempest Drum Computer, Roland V Piano,Kurzweil K2600XS, Roland FA-08, Baldwin Upright Piano, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Gibson Chet Atkins SST, Jackson King V, Ibanez Jem, Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii

Shaw

« Reply #787 on: Today at 06:29:01 AM »

Fingers crossed that your assumption is wrong. It would seem rather odd if they spent money and travel time to present a synth that’s been reviewed and demoed for almost a year now.
Agreed.  Makes no business sense for them to go through the time and effort to just say “hi folks”.

« Reply #788 on: Today at 06:29:13 AM »

Rather half a year than a year. And the PXL only started shipping 2 months ago.

In the past, not every NAMM visit went hand in hand with a product announcement. Several instruments (the final Tempest version I believe and certainly a couple of smaller desktop modules) have been announced before or after NAMM, particularly in the DSI days, and those were then presented later at the NAMM show. Keep in mind that neither the PX nor the PXL have ever been publically presented at any NAMM show yet.

Also, the last year was pretty busy with PX and PXL development and loads of firmware updates for older instruments.

« Reply #789 on: Today at 06:45:29 AM »
If they're just on a small stage, they may be having some of their partner artists come up to show off the PX/L and make everyone there feel bad about their chops.
Prophet 12, Modal 002, MFB Dominion 1, Behringer DeepMind 12D, Korg Polysix & EX-8000, Roland JX-8P, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K3m and now an OB-6!