Startup freeze and noise

Startup freeze and noise
« on: January 10, 2017, 02:59:29 PM »
I had another thread open regarding issues with my previous P6. I returned and replaced it with another brand new one from SweetWater.

I'm noticing that it's a 50/50 when turning on the prophet, that it'll yield some nasty crossover, ringing noise. Nothing is playabale and even tuning gets stuck. I sent a ticket to DSI and also sweet water.

But man, this is second unit in a row. I really don't care for moog (any, except the memory), and feel that DSI nails that sound many of us lust for...but cmon...

Here is the vid. Note that is a new recording room without diffusing or absorbing panels (when time allows installation), so it may sound washed-out a bit.

Re: Startup freeze and noise
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 07:44:20 AM »
Hey Man, that is sure a real downer.

If this was me I would take a look inside and check that everything is connected securely (connectors and boards). Should have no effect on your warranty. It could have possibly had a big knock or drop in transit enough to loosen something.

Here is someone showing the Prophet opened up.

Anyway, I hope really you get this sorted as I can imagine your disappointment (and frustration).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 07:48:29 AM by synththeory »

Re: Startup freeze and noise
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 11:24:48 PM »
Hey Man, that is sure a real downer.

If this was me I would take a look inside and check that everything is connected securely (connectors and boards). Should have no effect on your warranty. It could have possibly had a big knock or drop in transit enough to loosen something.

Here is someone showing the Prophet opened up.

Anyway, I hope really you get this sorted as I can imagine your disappointment (and frustration).

Thanks for this. I just returned that synth. Lame for a brand new 3k device to act like that. I got a replacement.